Broadcast 5 July 2012
This week urban homesteading with
– First a look at AB1616, the CA Homemade Food Act, with infamous artisanal bread bakerMark Stambler, and Assemblymen Mike Gatto.
-Erik Knutzen whose blog Root Simple will give you many great ideas to become an Urban Homesteader, . Backwards Beekeepers, Chicken Enthusiasts, and the LA Bread Bakerswere mentioned.
– Rishi, Ro and Pearl Kumar from The Growing Home share their insights into homesteading and their blog localblu.com
-An examination of traditional fermented foods (kraut, kefir, kombucha) with Elaina Luther from Culture Club 101, Monica Ford from Real Food Devotee and a Video, Uri Laio from Brassica and Brine, And if your can make it to Santa Barbara on the 15th, there is a free Westin A. Price Foundation Fermentation Forum. Recipes!!! Purple Garlic Sauerkraut Recipe and Video, and a home Root Beer recipe.
Ready to start making a difference? Join us at one of these upcoming events to learn about how nature+ecology can create a difference in your life.
- Focus on Food
Focus on Food is IUE’s radio show about food & farming featuring local heroes, forward thinking farmers, and internationally recognized food figures.
- All Episodes
- Focus on Food Ep. 42 – Holiday Special: Busting Myths About Fat
- Focus on Food Ep. 40 – A Bridge to SoCal Roots with Prof. Jim Adams
- Focus of Food Ep. 38 – Vandana Shiva on Ecology, Economy, and Equity (Rebroadcast)
- Focus of Food Ep. 37 – Biodynamic Beekeeping with Gunther Hauk of Spikenard Honeybee Sanctuary
Like the work we do? Support us by making a donation.